Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Back to the Basics of Calorie Counting and other Randomness

Even though I feel like I am still losing (based on comments and my jeans) I think I need to go back to calorie counting. These last 35 lbs or so are going to be difficult and will take a long time so I just need to make sure I'm doing my part in aiding this thing along.

Based on my current weight, current workout schedule, and goal of losing 1 lbs per week, Sparkpeople says I should be eating 1620-1970 calories per day.  I was shocked when I plugged my meals and was about 1200. I had to add some more protein so I'm getting at least 100 grams each day. 

Today is only day #2 of counting again. We shall see how long I can last but I'm going to really try and see if this helps me get back to losing some fat (not necessarily just weight).

I've become addicted to shopping AND finding clearance items. I know for some this is nothing new, but when I had only a few stores to choose from if I like something, I would buy it no matter how much it costs. Why? Because it wasn't often I found something cute.  To find something cute and inexpensive. YEAH RIGHT!  Don't get me started on Lane Bryant and those high a$$ prices (even on the clearance rack full of crap no one wants to wear) Sorry. I just went off a little.

Anywho. I get a rush finding shirts for 5 bucks and $10 dresses. It makes my freakin day.  But I need to chill the hell  out with all this shopping. It's insane that every weekend I look forward to going to Forever 21 and JCP to find bits of pieces of outfits and making something happen.

The joys of weight loss and being able to fit clothes *BIG SMILES*

Here is my latest comparison shots. The first one is in August 2011. The 2nd one is from  yesterday. I see a slight difference. Nothing major though. That's just how SLOW my weight loss is going now. 


Slight changes???
Finally my sister and I got through the whole Plyometrics P90X DVD.  We did much better than last time and I'm definitely not as sore..well my thighs aren't but my calves are BURNING. Ouch!


Have a great Tuesday! :-)

 

2 comments:

  1. LOVE THE Your Curly Fro chicka!!! You are rocking that girl!

    Oh, yeah I guess it's cheaper to be small!! That's MOTIVATION!!! I miss those days of buying ANY WHERE!!! I too look forward to shopping anywehre b/c it still cost less than 1 pair of pants at Lane Bryant..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks girlie!! Yes I love it too and it just bounces back in the morning and post-workout. Can't beat that.

    It is so much cheaper to shop in smaller sizes. Now I get sad because Forever 21 is full of Mediums & Smalls mostly. Dang a sista can't catch a break 'round here. LOL

    ReplyDelete

Followers