Friday, October 28, 2011

My sister is a ROCKSTAR

My sister came through for me, AGAIN! On Friday's I work from home, so I always plan to run before I have to log in, around 7am.  Today however, I didn't get up until 8am. Well...honestly last night I already had doubts I would get up and run (see how I play myself mentally, ugh. hate that!)

My sister calls me around 10am and says she thinks she is getting off early and would come to my house around 4 to run with me.  And she was on time!

We agreed to do Week 2 of the training (3 fifteen minute run intervals with 1 minute walks in between)Nothing really phenomenal to report.  My legs felt strong and my breathing was good. After the hills I have to slow down some to catch my breathe though. We kept a pace that allowed us to talk throughout the training. It was a really good run! I'm so thankful that we are able to run together.

Final results: 4 miles, 48:40 mins, 12:10 minute pace! Yes,a personal best!!!

So far I've done 5 4-milers (according to my runkeeper activity).  Here they are:

9/28 - 52:55
10/2 - 58:41
10/5 - 52:59
10/10 - 51:08
10/28 - 48:40

Looks like progress. Lord please help me with consistency, especially on those days I have to run alone. Amen!


Have a great weekend!
Alicia

p.s Not doing well getting back on my workout streak.  I didn't work out yesterday, so I'm back to day 1 in the challenge. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers