Friday, October 21, 2011

So what cha been up to?

Not running! That's what.  My last run was Sunday, and it was 2 miles. I'm getting in my slump. I feel it coming.  After 2 bad runs in a row, my confidence isn't there.  Thus, I haven't been back out. Oh and it's cold. I wake up to temps in the 30's. Excuses. Basically.

Yeah I talked a whole lotta smack to myself about how real runners run in sub par weather. But that's when the weather was terrific aside from a little sprinkle of rain here and there. But now...Oh I just want to stay under the covers.

Do I feel bad about it? No and yes.  Yes because I've dedicated this whole blog to my running adventures, yet I'm not running soooooooo..yeah. I feel like my blog is disappointing.

BUT, I still work out. Every day.  Title boxing kicks my a$$ STILL.  I've been going to a new trainer and he...is...TOUGH. But I love tough. I love to hurt.  I love the challenge.  He doesn't want us to do push-ups on our knees. EXCUSE ME? That's what I do. But this week I tried. *gasp* That's right. I simply tried. I can do 5! I'm also pretty stoked on the fact that I can pull up my body weight using my arms.  We do this thing where you put your feet under the bag, wrap your arms around the bag and pull yourself up. Sounds easy right? Well it's not! But I can do it! Nope, can't do the 15 he wants, but I can do about 8! I remember not being able to do that and HATING just sitting there watching everyone else effortlessly doing it.  Feels good to be part of the fit crew. :-)

What kind of sucks is his class is on Wednesdays. A run day. If I want to take his class, I would be running 3 days in a row (Fri, Sat, Sun). I don't know what to do.

Run because I said I would, or boxing that I LOVE! Hmmmm. Decisisons.

Also thought about getting my membership back to my gym at work. The advantage is I can workout during lunch and they have lots of weight machines(which I NEED). The disadvantage is I don't live close to my job.  I wouldn't be utilizing the gym on the weekends at all to use the treadmill for my run days. So basically I'm paying for a gym I would use only Mon-Thurs IF I go everyday I'm at work.

They do have a couple treadmills at the boxing gym...so I probably should save my money and just use that one.

I think I'm going to meet my November 1 goal of 185lbs. This morning I weighed in at 185.6. I need to stay focused this weekend and next and continue tracking my food.

That's about it!!!!
Have a great weekend!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers