Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Decisions & Choices

http://pinterest.com/pin/44824958760912276/
I have to remember that every decision I make does one of 3 things.

Pulls me further from my goal
Pushes me closer to my goal
Keeps me in the same spot

I need to get closer to my goal so what am I doing to get there?  What are some of the choices I'm making to steer me in the direction I'm trying to go?

On the weekends I don't work out. AT ALL.  When I was doing my 1k day 10 minute challenge I was rocking the fitness minutes. When that came to an end, Friday - Sunday became super lazy days.

I stopped tracking.  I know tracking works.  But here's what I do. I track  my good days, don't track the bad ones. Now that's pretty backwards.  I should be tracking those days I go overboard so I can see why I'm not losing weight anymore.

I stopped running.  Not that running helped me lose a gang of weight (I'm still adamant about weight loss being more about what you eat) But running did lean me out. Definitely. Why did I quit? Ummm 'cause it's hard!  Coward.

Lack of portion control eating out. I eat ALL my food and that there is a problem.  Why can't I just eat some and put the rest away? Almost 5 years later and I still don't know. I call it being greedy, but there has to be another issue right?  Maybe I lost that function in my brain that says "hey, you are full. Stop eating now" Or maybe I just can't stand seeing that little bit of food going to waste. Or maybe I hate leftovers.  Who knows.

But there are some things I know I am doing right. I continue to pack my breakfast and lunch for work. Lots of fruit, lots of veggies are being eaten by yours truly. When I grocery shop, I NEVER buy junk food. No chips, no cookies, no ice cream.

Still going to Title Boxing 3-4 days a week. And I must say we go HARD!

But the very best thing I'm doing that pushes me closer to my goal..... I NEVER GIVE UP.  I start over every single day.  Bad dinner last night? I'm packing my breakfast and lunch today.

 I'm not perfect, but I believe that I'm consistent in some things and that is why I will get there. Eventually.


2 comments:

  1. How do you track? I used to use pen & paper...But have been using fitness pal over the last few months and find it so helpful I love it! Many of the foods are already loaded in there...If not, I can scan the food with the barcode tool (I have an iphone) and it will then populate my foods.

    It definitely has made tracking more convenient and more precise!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I track on Sparkpeople. It has the same type of features as fitness pal it sounds like.

    I just need to DO IT. Oh and back to weighing and measuring.

    ReplyDelete

Followers