Tuesday, January 3, 2012

HAPPY NEW YEAR & What's in store for 2012




Totally NOT true, but this is funny!
 http://pinterest.com/pin/44824958760911948/

Well hello there and Happy New Year!

I know my last post said I was "maintaining" for the holidays, but yea. No. I'm sure I've gained.  I can't even bring myself to get on the scale. I don't want to know.  If it says 200 anything, I may lose my mind.
Today is my first day wearing real clothes in 2 weeks. I've been wearing my jeggings and leggings every single day on vacation.  The wonderful (or not so wonderful) thing about them is they expand and are oh so comfy.  Wearing real clothes sucks today.  Got on my size 14 jeans and thank God they have a little stretch in them, but unfortunately I'm rocking a muffin top right now. 

Yesterday was my first day back at Title and WHEWWWW. 2 weeks off is no joke. The trainer asked me why was I breathing so hard. Shoot man. I'm tired!  It was tough but I'm glad I went.

In a strange way I'm hoping that the gain gets me out of my plateau.  Everyone pretty much agrees that your body starts to get used to your new lifestyle and starts conforming to it. Maybe the gain shakes my body up and getting back on track now will give me a boost and I can drop some lbs and inches quickly. 

So what's in store for me?

I thought I would have some lofty goals all written out, but I don't. I just keep coming back to pressing forward.  I know what works for me.  Calorie counting, eating clean, exercise.  So that's what I'll continue to do. 

I want to change the way my body looks. Not just lose weight.  I don't want to be "skinny fat". Ya know what I mean? Looks great in clothes, but all flabby underneath. I want to tone up. With that said, not sure if I should be focusing on losing weight or gaining muscle at this point. 

Of course running is on my mind. I can't lie. My mental game is OFF when it comes to running. I can't bring myself to get out the door and just do it. It's really sad and pathetic. Last year I had a goal to run a 5k. This year of course I want to run a 1/2.  I got away with minimum training running the 5k.  But I know that won't fly this time. Running is HARD. Period. I think I expect to much of myself when it comes to running. At this point, I'm not sure I can run 3 miles and that's disappointing. So instead of actually trying, I do nothing. How dumb is that?


So since this is getting long..I'll end it here. Super excited about the year to come and trying to hit goal (155 lbs, and 1/2 my starting weight) this year. I can do this!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers