Friday, September 23, 2011

Freestyle Friday Run

I set out this morning to complete W2D2 of the training but somewhere after mile 1 my app FAILED.

For some reason I got a random itch to take a new route. That almost never happens so I went with it.
Instead of turning left out of my subdivision I took a right and to the right is A MAJOR HILL.  I just needed the change today I guess.  It's kind of good the hill is in the beginning of the run when I have the most energy so it wasn't horrible.

I decided to run to the Wal-Greens because SURELY that is 3 miles away. NOT. Only 2. Barely 2. Something about turning around takes some of my energy (this is dumb I know) because when I headed back I was tired.  Had to stop at an intersection and all my running momentum left me. 

I SO wanted to be able to come back and tell you I ran 4 miles today.  But I can't.  That's ok though. I ran a good 3 and ran/walked (mostly walked) the last mile. 

I have to keep reminding myself that I don't have a deadline. I'm going to take my time and enjoy the training.  I don't know why but I start to chase goals and attack them full force to the point of burn out. I don't want to do that with running. I would really like to become a life-long runner (as health permits).

Oh yeah, need to add that I changed the settings on runkeeper to only give me mile notifications and not time and pace. I did cheat a few times and check my pace and I'm averaging about a 13 min mile.  I also found a new music app to download some new songs (Music Download) I didn't have time to download anything new EXCEPT Beyonce - Party ft Andre 3000 & Kanye West. I will be getting a new playlist soon. YES!!

Title boxing was hard yesterday. I mean my legs were JELLO so I kind of figured today I wouldn't be 100% for my run (no. seriously. I'm not making excuses. LOL) 

My legs are definitely getting stronger and I'm seeing a muscle in my calf.  I have big (BIG) legs so anytime I can actually SEE something transforming there is pretty AWESOME! This is motivating me to keep going. I want nice long legs.

I'm proud of myself thus far for just going out there and running. It's still a challenge, but maybe challenges move me. I don't know.

Tomorrow is definitely a "rest" day.  A nice stroll in the park. That's it. I promise.  Though I am getting the urge to play Dance Central tonight!

Happy Friday!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers